Veterinary School Application Checklist
According to Utah State University as part of the WIMU Regional Veterinary School Program, as of 7 March, 2017. This information, particularly specific dates, is subject to change. Always check with the appropriate information sources for up-to-date information.
- VMCAS application
- Supplemental application
- Residency certification
- Complete prerequisite coursework
- Accept admittance letter!
Approximate Timing for Goals
Example from WIMU Regional Vet School Program for the 2017-2018 application cycle. Exact dates have been omitted.
- 1.25 years prior to attending vet school (mid-May)
- VMCAS application opens
- Supplemental application opens
- 1 year prior (beginning to mid-September)
- VMCAS application closes and is due
- Supplemental application closes and is due
- GRE scores due
- Residency certification due
- 12-9 months prior (October through December)
- Offers for interviews or notices of denial are mailed
- 9 months prior (January)
- Resident interviews
- FAFSA priority deadline
- 4 months prior (April)
- Admissions acceptance deadline
- 3-1 month prior (May through July)
- Matriculation, registration, and preparation
- All prerequisite coursework complete
- First day of classes!