Some key points to a great resume:
- Keep it to one page. Having references on a second page is acceptable.
- Reduce and simplify wording. Bullet items or short concise phrases verses story or paragraph format.
- Select items that make you stand out from everyone else that has a love for animals.
- Objective statement: Be direct and specific about what you are applying for, adapting it to the circumstance/job you are seeking.
- Put most recent ANIMAL RELATED EXPERIENCES/SKILLS TRAINING at the top of any other work or education experience.
- SPELL CHECK!! Read and re-read your resume out loud, and to others.
- Resume Mistakes to avoid: information available here